Run Muybridge, run!
A downloadable game for Android
A SILENT GAME ADVENTURE
"[…] tackle past and present media cultures in parallel lines." (1)
Bring movement back into the motion studies of early photographer Eadweard Muybridge (1830-1904)!
This game is inspired by Jussi Parikka's work on media archaeology.
* Choose between 21 different CHARACTERS,
* 3 DISCIPLINS,
* play the SINGLE PLAYER mode and beat the HIGHSCORE,
* play MULTI PLAYER mode to compete with friends within the same Wi-Fi network
* OR simply resurrect pre-cinematic technology and forget the time
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
(1) Jussi Parikka, What is Media Archaeology?, London: Polity Press 2012, p.14.
|Published||Jul 06, 2015|
|Tags||cinema, film, mediaarcheology, Multiplayer, muybridge, pre-cinematic, Runner, science|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files: